My mare Junon and me at Henbury Hall CIC*, 2008

Thursday, December 09, 2010

ALL THE HORSES I WORK WITH AT THE MOMENT 2010-2011

First of all, obviously my own mare, JUNON DE GRAMONT, Selle-Français (almost english thouroughbred). I produced her from a 6-year-old to now (13-year-old rising 14) and we've reached Intermediate and One Star levels in Eventing, placed evenly.



ROSIE, a very sharp and forward Irish Sport Horse mare, 7 years old. Her owners need someone experienced to ride their mare to prepare her for sale.



CHLOE, english thoroughbred mare, 11 years old. She's been produced by her previous owner as a showjumper and her new owner, my client, needs me to ride her and coach him to keep Chloe at her best! They are competing in show-jumpings and maybe one day eventings as I'm convinced she would be great for that.



JASPER, german riding pony, 5 years old (rising 6), I ride him mainly for jumping and hacking as his owner (a professional dressage horserider) wants me to prepare him for her 11-year-old daughter and has big expectations for him.



NIKE, is a 3-year-old owned by the same lady as Jasper,dutch warmblood, dressage horse by Negro. He's a very mature and clever youngster learning quickly and always happy to work lightly (for now) and going for a hack!



JIGSAW, Irish Sport Horse,13 years old. The owner wants me to school him to improve the flat work and jumping. A very nice and willing to please horse!



 BEAUTY, Dale pony, 4 years old, her owner asks me to ride her to make sure she will be well behaved and well schooled from the start. She is a very forward and quick to learn pony!



VALENTINE, an experienced pony, same owner as Beauty. I ride her first and teach the owner's daughter with her after. Thus, Val is a bit more settled (she can be quite fast!) for the young girl and they are both  improving evenly!



PIP, shire crossed fresian pony, 6 years old, who needs being schooled and improve the flat work as he mainly hacked and hunt until now.



HALLAMAN, Hanoverian crossed Anglo-arab, 7 years old (rising 8). He's a special horse, a difficult one. His owner couldn't spend more time to ride him after several setbacks caused by problems Hal encountered in his life before and asked me to ride him and see...With patience in a few months, I managed to get his trust, teach him quite a lot in dressage, made him bold and happy jumping and started hacking, aiming to go eventing!



And my last three, who were my first three to ride professionnaly in England actually, are KATO, a 11 year-old cob who was very stiff when I started to ride him three years ago and didn't know anything, can now do shouders-in, leg yields, counter canter etc...
BENNIE, a nice cob with a bit more blood than Kato, arrived when he was just broken as a 4-year-old. I produced him and he can do the same as Kato and now jumps as well up to 1 meter. He's now rising 7 years old.
And MICKEY, a cob crossed with connemara pony, was 6 years old when I started riding him and was really green, now rising 9. He's going well on the flat and jumps as well now.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.